Trinity Lutheran Church is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Trinity Lutheran Church Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the Trinity Lutheran Church Web site, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Changes to this Statement
Trinity Lutheran Church will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect church and visitor/member feedback. Trinity Lutheran Church encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Trinity Lutheran Church is protecting your information.
Trinity Lutheran Church welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Trinity Lutheran Church has not adhered to this Statement, please contact the Trinity Lutheran Church office. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
We have several basic groups of people that might be listed or referred to: pastors/staff, adult members, and youth. Information of concern includes names, email addresses, phone numbers and photos. Home addresses are never posted.
- For pastors and office staff, we list names, office email addresses and office phone numbers. No home phone numbers, home addresses, or mobile phone numbers are listed. It is important that people be able to contact the staff and that access is all through the office.
- For adult members, we often list names when they are a contact for some group or activity that we are featuring on the Web site. We do not list email addresses unless they have specifically given permission. We do not list phone numbers unless they have specifically given permission. It is assumed that other members have the church directory or can call the office for phone numbers.
- For youth and children, we do not list names, first or last. We also do not list addresses, email addresses or phone numbers. Photo captions do not include their names. This is for their protection.
When using photos of Trinity Lutheran Church events, attendees, or members – either directly on the Web site or in our photo albums – we use the following guidelines.
- We try not to post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the photo. If we know someone is shy about such things, we ask them before posting the photo.
- We will gladly provide credit for who took a particular photo if desired by the photographer, and we would certainly honor any copyright wishes or restrictions.
- We will gladly remove any photo immediately upon request.
Please be aware, that while we never post home addresses, there are a number of websites that provide white pages, or extensive listings of mailing addresses based on people’s names.
Media Release Opt-Out Form
In this digital age the church takes many pictures of baptisms, worship services, special events, activities, Sunday school, youth groups, etc. We understand that some people may choose not to have their photos used and we want to respect their wishes. Therefore, we have provided an “Opt Out Form” for those individuals or families who may prefer NOT to have photographs of themselves used by the church.
ONLY COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE FORM IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR PHOTOGRAPH USED BY THE CHURCH.