Serving as an Assisting Minister is both a privilege and an opportunity to serve God from His altar and in the sharing of the Communion meal. Assisting Ministers work with Pastor and with all the people in worship to assist in praising God.
Assisting Ministers pray for the concerns of the whole world, the Church on earth, and the people gathered for worship.
- They assist with the celebration of the Sacraments.
- They set the table with the bread and wine, set the book for Pastor and distribute the wine to the people.
- They participate in the celebration of Baptism by acting as the representative of the congregation, connecting the newly baptized person with the ministry of the congregation.
Ushers can be considered the ambassador of the church.
- Ushers are ministers of hospitality
- Ushers greet all worshipers
- Greet guests warmly, introduce yourself, and invite them to sign the guest register
- Hand out worship bulletins to everyone