As children of God, we are aware of our connect-ness with others in God's family -- especially those who are in times of special need. The people of Trinity are active in a number of ways to share the gifts and blessings they have received with others:
- The Brewster Emergency Shelter Partnership which operates during the coldest months, providing shelter and a hot meal for those without a home. We work with other congregations to provide this ministry, taking turns staying the night or preparing a meal.
- Blood drives in participation with other churches in Brewster.
- ELCA World Hunger - regular offerings are made to the program and disaster relief efforts.
- Putnam Community Action Program - donations of canned goods and non-perishable items are collected for the local food pantry.
- Lutheran World Relief kits - preparing health, baby or personal care kits for those affected by disasters or other life circumstances.
- Midnight and Breakfast Run - sandwiches, toiletries and clothing are distributed to the homeless in NYC.
- Souper Bowl of Caring - worshipers are encouraged to donate $1 or a canned good as they leave church on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Seafarer's International House - Prayer's and Cookies - baking home-made cookies for seafarers and offering a prayer for both their physical and spiritual well being. Christmas-At-Sea - preparing satchels with gifts for seafarers for Christmas.